Top 5 Reasons to Use the YOAST SEO Plugin for WordPress
Almost everyone that has a website – or anything to do with building a website – has heard about SEO. You know that it is important for your website to have good SEO value and therefore good organic ranking for the products or services your business offers. WordPress is coded so well that many know it as ‘SEO friendly’ to begin with, but there are some advanced benefits that come from using the SEO by Yoast WordPress plugin. Since coming out, the SEO plugin has received over 1 million downloads. Good organic ranking is important to any business in any industry. Better ranking for the services and products your business offers equals more traffic to the website which equals more customers! Potential customers are searching for you every day – so the sooner your website is ranked on page 1 of Google – the better.
Here are my top 5 reasons to use the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress to improve on-page SEO and organic search engine rankings.
1) When writing meta information, the Yoast plugin will show you a Google search result snippet preview, so you can see exactly how your content will look when someone searches for it on Google.
2) It has the ability to get you verified Google Authorship for your website. Google Authorship is a way to link content you create with a Google+ profile – easily promoting your blog or latest news about your company and/or products and services you’re an expert at.
3) The Yoast plugin will rank your SEO value page by page from Bad, Poor, Ok, and Good. It will also give you recommendations on how to improve from Poor to Good – counting the keyword density and how often your focus keyword appears on the page title, meta description, and within the content of that specific page or post.
4) When linked with Google Webmaster tools, it has the ability notify search engines automatically once your content is published.
5) Yoast will automatically generate an XML sitemap file where you can list the web pages of your site to tell Google and other search engines about the organization of your site content and what pages to view for specific information.
There are many more reasons to use the Yoast SEO plugin for your website. Between the social integration and how quickly Google can index the pages of your website, there is no reason to use theme managers instead of this plugin, especially if you ever change themes and all your title tags and meta info will have to be rewritten page by page. WordPress sites that use Yoast get quicker rankings on search engines for their most lucrative offerings. For more information on how you can get your website to rank better organically, quicker, and more efficiently – give us a call and we will be happy to offer you a free website SEO analysis.